- When will children and families be able to enroll in Early REACH?
In light of the incredible response we have received, we are currently taking a brief pause and have decided to put the application process on hold. This temporary suspension is necessary to meticulously process the large number of submitted applications and ensure that each one receives the attention it deserves.
We value your time and dedication, and we want to assure you that our team is working diligently to review all applications thoroughly. Rest assured, your interest in joining this program is of utmost importance to us.
We sincerely request your understanding during this brief intermission. We are committed to maintaining fairness and transparency throughout the selection process, and this temporary suspension will enable us to conduct a comprehensive and unbiased evaluation.
- How many spaces are available for this program?
Up to 1,000 child care spaces are available. The program is currently adding child care spaces on a rolling basis.
- What children are eligible to participate?
Children and families are eligible to participate if they meet these requirements:
- Residence: Live in Harris County AND
- Age: Children are age zero to four AND
- Demonstrate financial need via one of the following:
- Live in a family that makes 85% less of State Median Income (SMI) (approx. $75,468 annually for a family of four.)
- Live in an area of high need according to the Social Vulnerability Index (high need considered to be .75 or above) OR
- Are experiencing homelessness OR
- Are in foster care OR
- Receive WIC, SNAP, TANF, free or reduced lunch, or SSI income.
- What is the cost of the program for a family?
Families may enroll children aged 0 to 4 in the selected child care centers at no cost to them.
- Is the Early REACH a voucher program?
No, Early REACH is not a vouncher program. Child care centers will receive funding in advance based on the number of child care spaces available.
- Can my child participate in the program and stay at their current child care center?
Yes, Early REACH will be working with at least 30 centers across Harris County. If your child’s current child care centers is included, an eligibility specialist will determine if your child can participate in the program and stay at the current child care center.
- How can I learn more about Early REACH when it launches?
- How long will it take to hear about my application status?
Families will receive an eligibility determination within two weeks from the date an application was submitted. If an application is missing documents or information, an eligibility specialist will reach out to work with families to ensure we receive what we are missing to determine eligibility. The turnaround time to receive missing information or documents may delay the eligibility determination.